Things to do near Treliver Farm in Cornwall. Book direct.
Cornwall is a real beauty spot with plenty to entertain you, no matter what the weather. There are these National Trust properties nearby:
- Lanhydrock, one of the best national properties in Cornwall. Our farm was once part of this vast estate, a 15 min drive away, the gardens are a pleasure to walk around and the house feels as if the family are still living there.
- Trelissick, a coastal walk through some woodland and very pretty gardens.
- Trerice, a Tudor house giving you a peek into the life of the gentry in the tudor times another lovely garden to walk around, not as big as Lanhydrock.
- St. Micheal’s moun,t a truly magnificent visit, if the tide is right you can walk across.
- Cotehele, another magical place a river walk, gardens and house to explore.
Due to our sub tropical climate, we are lucky to have outstanding gardens: As you will discover gardening is one of Jenny’s hobbies so we quite often have a visit to these
- Lost garden of Heligan a lovely walk with plenty of plants to see, beautiful food in coffee shop. Pop down to Mevagissey after.
- Trebah a wonderful garden and walk to the sea, lots of tropical type plants . Have a wander round Falmouth, maybe Pendennis castle too.
- Trengwainton another wonderful garden near Penzance, on the way you can visit the national dahlia centre, Mousehole and Lands End also.
Here below is a list of places worth a visit and some ideas for a day trip.
- St. Nectans glen quite a walk, but worth it, you will walk through a wooded area with a river and come to a beautiful waterfall. Why not go onto Tintagel after.
- Minions situated on Bodmin moor, golitha falls and King Arthurs quoit all make for a good day out.
- Fowey a pretty harbour town, worth a vist is another harbour on the way, Charlestown.
- Eden project only 20 mins away.
- Roseland Peninsula
We are close to the Saint’s Way footpath which runs from Padstow to Fowey.
We are a 10 minute drive from Wadebridge, the mid point on the popular Camel Trail which runs from Padstow to Bodmin.
Our central location makes it easy to get anywhere within our beautiful county, from Land’s End right at the tip to the Tamar at the top.
Many guests become friends , so in Cornish “Terreba Nessa” till next time.